ST - Elfsea Springfaire Site

Chiara chiara at io.com
Tue Feb 20 10:57:45 PST 2001

The last time that they had a weather alert out there and the site was being
used by the Amtgarders all the emergency services were available and used
with great efficiency. A tornado touched down on the site. The city put the
members up in hotels until their cars could be retrieved. This was before
the roads were finished.

I would also like to let all of you know that all the major improvements on
that land have been made by the Amtgarders and I understand that they own an
interest of the land as well. They have worked it for the last 5 years
building up the roads and leveling the ground. It is a huge effort on their
part. Many private donations on their part have been collected to do all
this work. If you want showers and restrooms in the numbers that can
accommodate us know that they will be part of the effort to get them in.
This may be a great opportunity for you all to work jointly on improvements
with them.

I can put you in touch with the individuals that are the movers and shakers
of this project if anyone wants more information about the details of the
site. I believe they started an autocrat's book specifically for this site
years ago and update it after each event as it is this area's chapters main
site for all events. They even rent a tractor specifically for this event
incase there is ever another weather emergency again. All the cars had to be
towed out last time there was a bad rain storm.

Sincerely,
Franchesca Havas
McKinney, Texas