ST - The Land of No Hats......(was Edwin's comments on Steppes dynamics)

JengjenVandeRoet@aol.com JengjenVandeRoet at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 16:36:11 PDT 2001

      I come from a land with no "hats". Arenal, peerless, in the Kingdom of
Meridies. The idea that some people are more concerned with events at the
Kingdom level than they are with their home group, is somewhat alien to me.
       I sit here, thinking about all the good people that I have met so far,
and yet I wonder why, when I go to an event, I feel almost alone, the
outsider on the periphery of all the goings on. I have decided to grab this
tiger by the tail myself, by volunteering to be both herald and security at
Elfsea's Springfaire. I have never heralded before, but have long been
cogitating on the prospect of studying to be one, the security part just
comes natural :).
        I find it difficult to get to know people  at events. Most are busy
running around preparing this and scheduling that, it makes it difficult to
ask questions, or whatnot. Plus, I don't want to intrude on anyone while they
might be in the middle of something. Could it possibly hurt to encourage
non-fighters to come to the park? It could, quite possibly, be a less
stressful environment to meet and greet other members of the populous, not to
mention potential newbies lurking amongst the throngs of mundanes gathering
around to see what's going on.

Just babbling,
Jengjen

Go visit www.KnowneWorldWeb.com