ST - The Land of No Hats...

Chiara chiara at io.com
Wed Apr 11 18:00:34 PDT 2001

My first experience was in a land where the meaning of the word clique was
formed I think. And I am not talking about the SCA, it was a dynamic of the
Texas city and spilled over into every social organization within its
boarders.

Steppes has no resemblance of that city in any way shape or form.

The second lands that I came from were exactly as Jen describes, very park
centric, also in Meridies. They were very protective of their privacy as
well.

The only resemblance to them in our group is the privacy. But I think that
is the color of the times, not the lands.

I do not belong to any group. I do not belong to any one person. I am a part
of the Steppes and will be for the rest of my life. I have never found a
place where I fit in so well. This group is so dynamic, so diverse, so
intense, and so passionate in everything that they do that sometimes we burn
out and pull away. But we always come back. Most of us are behind the scenes
thus, you will not see us all the time and when you do you may just think of
us a "part" of the group you perceive us to hang out with.

I know that I will camp or sit with who ever will have me at their site or
table. Yes I get turned away a great deal but eventually I find a spot and
it is always with someone from the Steppes. I have to admit that now I do
look for Steppes folks before I ask. :)

Sincerely,
Franchesca Havas
McKinney, Texas