ST - Re: ES - flagpole Hill

Annette Brauer mabrauer at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 08:23:43 PDT 2001

Dux,

Just to let you know this was brought up at the populace meeting last night.
  Since this is near and dear to my heart and Richard couldn't be there I
spoke for him.

The one thing he hates is having to get out of his chair and crawl, yes
folks crawl, on a nasty porta potty floor.

I have kept silent on this matter until now.  Many good points and concerns
were brought up at the meeting last night.

One thing is has the city of Carrollton to make sure that it is ok to hold
practice there?  Anyone contacted the liaison for the police department to
make sure they understand that we are not beating each other up (well we are
but ya know what I mean)

Marguerite who uses this park on a regular basis said that on Sunday's the
park is quite busy.  Is there enough parking to accommodate everyone?

What about the neighborhood people?  How will they feel about us sharing
their space on Sunday.  Will they make it hard for us to use the park?

If fighter practice grows is there enough space to have several people
practicing at the same time?  What about shade.  The pavilion there is used
a lot, there is no guarantee that it will be available.  Is there enough
space to hold joint fighter practices?

Another concern is easy access from the interstates.

Richard mentioned when I got home that there is a baseball field across the
street from the park, but again there is no guarantee that it will be
available when needed.

While I don't think that everyone is against moving from Flag Pole Hill
there are concerns about a new location and how people react to what we are
doing.

After hearing some of the concerns about the new park, I asked for
volunteers to look for other parks that we might use.

Mary Elizabeth