ST - flagpole Hill

Chiara chiara at io.com
Fri Apr 20 12:54:58 PDT 2001

We seem to be missing some important information on this thread that no one
has yet to bring up. Last night we decided to change the dynamics of the
situation to should we move rather than where to move to.

I had to leave as soon as this part of the discussion started so if I am
wrong please post the correct information. I know that Duncan had a copy of
ever single email about the issue with him to be read out loud. I know that
I asked why can't we use both parks. I know that several voiced that with
the hot summer coming we need a night fighter practice too and taper off the
day ones. Many groups in Ansteorra have this type of arrangement, two or
three fighter practices a week in different location at different times that
do not conflict with each other. The difference here would be that they
would have to be recognized as official Steppes practices and not personal
practices for this to work.

It is not the park that we are looking at that is causing the discussion but
the "if we need to move". We need lists of parks that are city maintained
that meet the criteria list of what we must have at a park.

There is also the issue of our Archers. We need to consider carefully where
we move so that there is a facility to accommodate them as well. Without our
archers I think we will lose a very valuable and long fought for group of
fighters. We need them. So far all the discussions have completely forgotten
them. IMHO we need to think of them too. They are just as important as two
men in wheel chairs. We need facilities that will accommodate them all.

Another thought would be if there were equestrian facilities near by. I know
that here in McKinney there are TONS of equestrian facilities everywhere! :)

Thus, the discussion is not about your park or my park, it is about move or
not move and if there is a list of parks that meet the criteria that we can
vote on if the first vote passes.

I am very biased in this. I live in McKinney and would love to have
something closer to me. The Carrollton park is not easy for me to get to
although it is closer. The Dallas park is too far away for me to stay there
long but it is easy to get to and it is close to the hospital that I need to
go to if something goes wrong. I would prefer a park where we actually have
people in the sca working real world jobs with the city and can help us get
what we need. But that is the hopeless dreamer in me. We have that now with
Dallas. I doubt we have that in any other city between Dallas and McKinney.
We need to use our skills to get the list together if that is what we are
doing.

Please someone post the rest of the meeting discussion on here so that
others that did not go to the Populace meeting in Carrollton last night can
at least feel that their pleas were not ignored.

Sincerely,
Franchesca Havas
McKinney, Texas