ST - Fighting in Steppes

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:24:27 PDT 2001

With respect - to serve the fighting community, I have to consider primarily
the needs and desires of those who fight.  Without meaning any disrespect to
any others, that means that I cannot give as much weight to the opinions of
those who may attend at some future time, or to the opinions of those who
have attended in the past and have no plans to attend in the future.

Fighting in the barony must not be held hostage to memory, speculation, or
apathy.  To do the duty of the office I signed up for, I must give greatest
weight to the fighters who regularly attend fighter practice.  Following
them in precedence are fighters who attend ocassionally, potential future
fighters from our populace, and fighters who might attend if something that
keeps them from currently attending changes, finally followed by opinions
voiced by the general populace.

Please, as you voice your opinions, keep this simple fact in mind.  Also,
please target your input toward how the park supports or fails to support
fighting in a safe environment.  Tradition does not satisfy current need.
Memory doesn't disappear if we move, and it also does not satisfy current
need.

This month of feedback is to consider whether there is need, and if need
exists what will satisfy it.

Thanks in advance for your courtesy and your consideration on this matter.

Dux