[Steppes] 12th Night

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Mon Jun 25 23:28:04 PDT 2001

Greetings again from the Kingdom Calendar Deputy,

This is just clarification and good information for the populace in any
case.

Any group seneschal can reserve a date up to 2 years in advance.  If it's a
Barony the signature/s of the local Nobility is also required.  More of
these policies are in the Kingdom Seneschal Handbook under the section of
Events.

Currently the Kingdom Calendar has dates for 2002 and 2003 available.

The only perpetual events are stated in Kingdom Law and automatically added
to the Kingdom Calendar.  Along with Crown Tourneys and Coronation, and
Queens Champion.  Each Barony is given only 1 perpetual event date as stated
by Kingdom Law, available for viewing at
http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/law .  Everyone who plays on our
wonderful game should read Kingdom Law to know how our organization is run.

Baronies are allowed a total of 3 dates on the Kingdom calendar, the
perpetual date being one of them.  All other dates must go through the same
paperwork process.  The forms are all sent to the Calendar Deputy who
assigns the dates.  I try to work very hard to get each group the dates they
want.  I have some rules I have to follow, but that's another discussion.
The forms necessary can be found at
http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/forms/forms.html

Currently I believe Steppes Warlord is the designated PED (Perpetual Event
Date).  Artisan, and 12th night are not perpetual event dates as far as the
Kingdom Calendar is concerned.  Yes Steppes usually has the same dates, but
those dates go through the paperwork process.  Fall Court is an off calendar
event.

Anytime Steppes, as a Barony, wishes to hold a Kingdom Event such as
Coronation, Crown Tourney, Laurel's Prize Tourney, Kingdom Warlord, or any
of the other Kingdom Events listed as possibilities in Kingdom Law, the
Barony can submit the same paperwork for the bid process.  With a listing on
the bid form of your site amenities, activities planned etc...........with
copies to the Kingdom Seneschal, and the current Royalty and a copy to me,,,
the keeper of the paper.  The Kingdom Seneschal and the Crown make the
decision of which group gets a Kingdom Event.

Enough boring Kingdom Politics for one night?  Any other questions?

Lady Arabella de Montacute
Deputy Kingdom Seneschal for the Kingdom Calendar

I thought perpetual events such as this were too far in advance to freeze
the date unless the rules of the calendar have changed.

Sincerely,
Franchesca Havas
McKinney, Texas