[Steppes] Horse TV filming Ansteorra Equestrian

Lisa LeChatton llechatton at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 12:02:35 PDT 2001

This is a repost from the Ansteorra-Equestrian List
I will be heading down Friday night to help with arrangements.
Does anyone have a men's Saracen costume I can borrow?

Aimee

________________

Well Guys----We did offer and now they are taking us up on it with VERY
short notice !

THIS SUNDAY  JULY 1    8:00 am  to 11:00 am.   (Sorry Katherine about
interfering with your practice but, you could come here and then we could
head to your practice)

HORSE TV wants to come out and film our SCA Equestrian games to do a segment
on their show.  The filming will be here at Camelot Horse Center just
outside of Tomball,   PLEASE----EVERYONE come out with your horse in your
best barding and wearing your best garb.   Whether you have a horse or not,
YOU ARE INVITED to come and participate.   WE WANT SPECTATORS  cheering on
our Equestrians !!  If you have a nice period pavilion---PLEASE----contact
me.   We are going to try to have the field look as period as possible for
the cameras and we need BANNERS, FLAGS,  PAVILIONS,  etc.  The filming will
only take about 2 hours in the morning so hopefully, we will not die of heat
exhaustion.   They will be filming the horses and doing personal interviews
asking questions like---Why do you do this ?  and What got you involved in
the SCA and the SCA Equestrian ?  BE PREPARED !!

YES-----We know this is short notice but, we did not hear from HORSE TV
until this past Sunday and we contacted the proper SCA officers Monday to
get approval.
NO----It is not within our option to get this postponed to a more convenient
time for us.   It's now or possibly not at all. (I too would have liked more
time to get ready !)
YES-----Insurance has already been taken care of

Let's show everyone how good we can look and how much fun we can have.   An
RSVP is NEEDED to help me know how many riders to plan for.   Arrangements
for trailers and portable corrals is necessary so we know how to HIDE all
mundane equipment.  If you are traveling a great distance, camping will be
available and arrangements for your horse and yourself can be made.  I hope
to see everyone this Sunday !

Lady Gwenievre    (Diane Mathews)    Site coordinator
281/351-8368    832/545-6925
Camelothorse at earthlink.net

Lady Moira MacCrae   (Mary Roschbach)   Contact Liaison
moiramaccrea at hotmail.com

713/726-1935      832/244-2935