[Steppes] Do you attend dance or fighter practices?

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 12:15:22 PDT 2001

Greetings unto the members of the Barony of the Steppes from the Honorable
Lady Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre.

As mentioned at Populace by our Baron, we are looking for "Primary Contact
Deputies" for the Hospitaler's office.  Rather than run some poor deputy's
legs off, I am suggesting that any of you who frequent Dance practice and
light weapons practice at the rec. center, or the Wednesday night and Sunday
fighter practices at the park, you would be ideal in this office.  In other
words, if you are already there, and you know something about dance or
fighting (which draw spectators like crazy), then you would be the perfect
candidate to greet newcomers (of course, if you have always wanted an excuse
to go to any of these practices on a regular basis, this would be a great
opportunity for you as well!)

What would you do?  I will furnish you newcomer handouts and a list to be
signed.  All you would have to do then is to explain a little of what's
going on to spectators who walk up.  If they are interested, give them a
handout, get their information and tell them that they will be contacted.
Then just send their info to me online or at a meeting (preferrably online -
it's quicker).

I will also need an "Online Primary Contact Deputy" to handle those
newcomers who discover us through our websites.

Hospitaler deputies will automatically be inducted into the Steppes
Newcomer/Hospitaler Household with the prestigious title of "House Elder!"
Also, if you plan on putting in a bid for any office in the future, you can
cite your experience as Deputy Hospitaler in your qualifications.

Interested?  If so, please email me at hlgabrielle at hotmail.com with the word
"deputy" somewhere in the subject field.

In Service to the Barony of the Steppes, I remain...

Respectfully Yours,
HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre
Steppes Hospitaler