[Steppes] Leather/Suede source?

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 19:58:02 PST 2001

>Please be advised that it is difficult to impossible to dye the suede
>yourself as this item should be dip dyed.  Also, oil or spirit dyes will
>damage the nap.  If you want to dye this shirt, you need to locate a
>professional to do so.  If you attempt to do this without the correct
>type of dye and correct technique, all you will do is ruin the item.

Thanks for your comment.  I do have experience with dying leathers and so
on, but lack the materials right now.  I might leave it "as is," at least
temporarily, but I think in the long run I will be dyeing the garment.  If
it were a full shirt I'd get help, but it's more of a small vest and I think
easy to handle at home, no seams or other tricky bits.

                                                ---= Morgan

"What this country has needed for a long time is to kick butt."
                                                     ---=  Lewis Grizzard