[Steppes] The need for Event Stewards and/or Ideas

Aaron Robb philo_net at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 13:00:32 PDT 2002

--- Brent Ryder <borekvv at hotmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> >(I know it is early but...)Are we going to allow elevations at this
> >anniversary event?
>
> Allow??? How do you mean 'Allow'?

<toung firmly in cheek> You know, look at the king and queen and say
something along the lines of: Have we done something to offend you that
you would wish to inflict this honor on our humble event? :)

Seriously, isn't it simply bad form, in general, to invite yourself over
and tell your hosts they're throwing you a special party? Even if you are
technically entitled to do so? Hopefully there would be a strong hint that
the king and queen need an extra (hour, 4 hours, day in the week) for a
special activity, and we could work around that. However, if there is
something time dependent (like there only being so many hours of daylight
for the listfield) hopefully there would be some cordial way we could
point out that although very talented, stoping the heavens is beyond our
volunteer's ken.

I try to get into the spirit of court, but really, amongst the 1000+
attendees at the event, shouldn't we do all that we can to encourage
participation, as opposed to "oh, court is at X o'clock, what a good time
for dinner" which appears to be so common?

> >What is the projected attendence based on the last anniversary event
> >we
> >had and based on the Kindgom anniversary event?
>
> I would guestimate around 1200+ depending on how well we advertise and
> what
> we come up with for activities and such for the event
>
> >Are we going to have a feast? Tokens for said feast?
>
> Now there is ambition. Feast for 1000+. Is Master Rosario up to doing
> another ATYC feast? Or do we have a canton or local shire wanting to do
> something on this?

I gotta say, hostage dinner theater isn't a bad idea. It at least might
encourage more attendance at court. ;) Ad in a descrete sound system so
that the hall can actually hear the stage and I think you could be set.
I'd love to watch/help one of the greats at work setting something like
this up as well...

Philo

=====
---
Aaron D. Robb, M.Ed., NCC, LPC

And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue
eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that
the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human.
-William Gibson, "Burning Chrome"