[Steppes] Fighter Practice Location: question

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 12 14:58:01 PDT 2002

I can see the various pros and cons of having the practice at the various locations discussed.  And yes- the practice is primarily for the fighters but is also for all those that support them as well it seems to me. There have also been a lot of other excellent points that have been brought out as well.

But I have a question that I do not think I have seen answered or perhaps I do not adequately understand all of the issues since I am not on all of the mail lists and not yet a fighter.

We went through some similar discussions about locations and distance to practice etc a year or two in the archery groups.  The result was that we now have a regular Steppes practice held at Eastfield College and another practice held alternately by Glaslyn and Lindenwood Archery Marshals at McInnis Park Archery range near I35 and Sandy Lake.    On any given weekend archers may show at one or the other or both locations.

Although I realize the requirements and objectives are different- could such an arrangement of east and west practice locations work for fighter practice as well and more adequately meet everyones needs?  Both locations are doing well for archery and both reporting new archers on a regular basis with Eastfield seeing as high as a dozen archers at times.

Jacques the Spink