[Steppes] Event Changes

chiara chiara at io.com
Wed Oct 2 10:21:58 PDT 2002

I think the best way to weigh this since we do not have a choice in the
matter is to see which event financially and spatially can accommodate this
change.

Remember that....WE DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE....we have to choose which event we
have to release. Either that or combine it with one of our other events.

Eisteddfod can be held at a crown tournament. Or at someone else's 12th
night in the area.

First we have to accept that we are going to lose an event. Next we need to
decide how we are going to combine it with another. All three of our events
are traditions to many throughout the kingdom.

So now we need to put aside our personal feelings about this and decide
which events we will combine. We can best do that by first seeing which
event financially and spatially can accommodate this change.

So our choices are:
hold only a Warlord (1) and a Steppes Artisan (3)
hold only a 12th night (2) and a Steppes Artisan (3)
hold only a 12th night (2) and a Warlord (1)
combine 1 and 3
combine 2 and 3
combine 1 and 2 (unthinkable since they are the only money makers we got)
or we could just pull Steppes Artisan and 12th night from the kingdom
calendar altogether and have them only advertised on the web and local
newsletters that let us advertise for free. (most do) This will let us keep
them where they are and not have to move anything. But I do not think that
was the intent of the Crown.

Sincerely,
Chiara
Ansteorra, Steppes