[Steppes] Event Changes - long

Barbara W alysd38 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 17:09:28 PDT 2002

I hate change, don't you?  We have these great dates
for our events; our 12th Night is as close to the 6th
of January as we can make it, we have a long week-end
for WarLord, and Artisan is opposite Pensic.  I hate
the thought of having to change them.

Artisan seems to be the easiest to move, yet it will
not gain a whole lot towards what Her Majesty intends
to achieve.  Artisan is typically opposite Pensic, and
there are already few events at that time, are there
not?  I just looked in the Black Stars for the years
'98, 2000, 2001 (the years I could find) and there was
not more than one other event that week-end.  Perhaps
if we moved it someone else would move their event
into that slot, but it does not appear to be popular
time to have events.  It is not my belief that moving
Artisan will gain anything.

Now, the other two calender events that we hold are
tougher to move, but would be more sought after spots.
 Steppes WarLord is a fixture, I don't think that we
could move it if we wanted to. People would just show
up anyway...lol.

12th Night; that could be moved I suppose.  The only
'move' that would help would be to move it off the
Kingdom Calender.  That would mean that court would be
small, a local thing, with no armigerous awards being
given.

I wish we had a better understanding of what Her
Majesty was thinking.  All of this discussion could be
for naught. I just took a look at the calender on line
(I don't know how up to date it is) and there are no
more than three events on any week-end until the end
of February.  On that week-end one of the events is
the Pre-Gulf War Artisan competition, and the location
is still TBA, so it could be folded into one of the
existing events before we get there.

If moving Artisan is nessissary, then I think I would
support it being moved to WarLord. I know that it
would blend better with 12th Night, but as others have
pointed out, we already have that mighty big hall,
rented and cooled all week-end.  It would be better
use of our resources.  I do not know why people are
suggesting that the Artisans would then have to be
tied to their tables for two days, however.  Why would
the format have to change?