[Steppes] Event Changes local and kingdom

SiobhanON at aol.com SiobhanON at aol.com
Fri Oct 4 08:19:41 PDT 2002

Greetings Steppes,
       It is with much interest I follow your discussion on this matter as it
will affect us all. We will present it at our business meeting monday night.
If you are interested in how it goes over here, you are welcome to check out
our list, it will probably heat up Tuesday morning. The numbers are only a
small part of the problem. The economy is in the toilet and many of us attend
fewer events at this moment in time. A bigger concern is getting events on
the calender. Groups without a pertetual date must request a date almost two
years in advance to get an event on the calender. This could jeopardize some
of our most fun events, for example, there doesn't seem to be a spot for
Three Kings next year. If a new group was to be formed, they may not be able
to have an event.
       I was interested in the suggestion that we combine our Baronial
College with your Artisan because you have many more artists and we have many
more classes. However, that is only one possibility and all avenues must be
explored. Without prematurely commiting our populace, I am sure Elfsea would
be willing to work with our Cousins and Brothers & Sisters to the East to
help find a solution.
In Service to the Crown,
HE Siobhan
Baroness of Elfsea