[Steppes] Event Changes local and kingdom

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Fri Oct 4 10:14:19 PDT 2002

> Groups without a pertetual date must request a date
> almost two years in advance to get an event on the calender. This could
> jeopardize some of our most fun events, for example, there doesn't seem to
be a spot for
> Three Kings next year. If a new group was to be formed, they may
> not be able to have an event.

New groups......sigh.....okay, here is another aspect of the calendar
problem.

Part of the requirement for a new group to form and be recognized as no
longer "incipient" they must have an event.  It is very difficult to look at
10 or 15 fairly new people trying to start a new group in the middle of
nowhere and tell them, "Hey! We're doing great, we've got officers and have
been working together for almost a year!  However we cannot host anything
until we get on the calendar and that will be a least a year or two off."
Talk about throwing one hell of a "wet blanket"  on the excitement of new
people.  That coupled with just the normal problems of a group starting up
can cause a great many people to look for other things to do with there
time.

Sorry if I seem grumpy, but unfortunately this topic has hit just a little
too close to home for me and my wife.

Pet.