[Steppes] Event Changes

Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 08:56:38 PDT 2002

An earlier crown tournament does indeed mean that a Prince and Princess are
active royalty for a longer period, which can be a good thing.  However,
from my experience in the Midrealms where this is the norm, it also
increases the overall cost of reigning.  A 20-30% increase in the cost of a
reign could easily disqualify some wonderful people from being able to do
the job.  Imagine the furor we'd create if we suggested 3 reigns a year as
in the West.  ;)  A 4 month reign with crown tourney a mere month after the
coronation would put a person on a royal throne for 7 months...shorter and
less expensive than our current 9 month average.  :)

Just causing trouble...
Morgan