[Steppes] Event Changes

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 4 12:52:54 PDT 2002

The notion I have read of combining Artisan and Twelfth night makes some sense
to me if a large enough space can be found.

But as far as number of events on the Kingdom Calendar are concerned- I guess
I have to take a rather cold view of it all.  As I understand it- Steppes has
around 150 paying members which makes it one of the larger entities in
Ansteorra. How would it have been done in the Middle Ages?  I have not
researched it (I am sure there is someone who can enlighten me on this) but my
guess is that Royals attended mostly larger events and whatever smaller events
they pleased.  Smaller events always had the limitation of going against a
larger event and would have to have something unusual to pull folks in or be
very specialized such as Artisan.  I, for one, already find it difficult to
find enough time to participate in as much as I would like since Archery and
fighting uauslly are going at the same time.