[Steppes] Calendar ?

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Sun Oct 6 18:30:27 PDT 2002

Morgan said:
One solution used in the Midrealm, where I used to live, was to set a radius
that groups could use to schedule event dates.  This meant that smaller
groups could have an event on the same day as a larger group, if they were
outside the radius (100 miles in the Midrealm; may need to be bigger in
Ansteorra).  It could help small groups that need to have an event to meet
the standards for moving out of incipiency, because they could have a local
event while a big event occurs in another region.

I can tell you, as past kingdom calendar deputy, that the policy is 250
miles or there about and not in the same region at the same weekend.  There
are some exceptions.  There shouldn't be events opposite like Ravensfort and
Greywood, or Stonebridge Keep and Bjornsborg if my memory hasn't left me
completely.  They are in different regions but still to close together.  I
did make a few mistakes while I was in that position and made my amends when
it happened.
I believe that the crowded calendar was one of the reasons we were divided
into regions to begin with.
Arabella