[Steppes] Event Changes -long

Jhan Knebel rixende at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 10:53:17 PDT 2002

Your Excellency,

We choose the Artisan of Elfsea at our Baronial
College.

And I do agree with you, that this gets hectic with
judging and teaching, with only one competition on
site.  My suggestion along that line would not solve
the current problem, as it would result in still
hosting 2 seperate events with each maintaining its
focus on competing or teaching.

Rixende
speaking with her own opnions, who just happens to be
the Minister of Arts and Sciences for Elfsea.

--- Hrldsmn at aol.com wrote:
> --
> Daylight Time,
> alysd38 at yahoo.com writes:
>

> > I like the idea of combining Artisian with a
> college
> > event, and if Elf Sea would like to do that we
> > certainly can look at it as an option.  My only
> > concern there is that many who would be teaching
> > classes will be at their display tables or
> judging.
>
> I actually like the idea better of combining Artisan
> with Elfsea's
> competition event rather than their college. You are
> correct that teaching
> and judging at the same event often stretches the
> available talent too thin.
> I would see no problem with the entrants in a double
> body of work competition
> being judged by two sets of judges with two titled
> positions announced. It
> also cuts down on the numder of events that many of
> the same popele have to
> spend their time judging at. And what a great kudo
> if both sets of judges
> were to independently choose the same artisan. With
> two baronies names on it
> he competition it might even gain more prestige, if
> that is possible.
>
> Baron Edwin

=====
Lady Rixende de Rouen
Minster of Arts and Sciences, Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra
http://www.timelessbeads.com
rixende at timelessbeads.com