[Steppes] February 12th ~ Orchestra group Demo

morgancain@earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 29 13:54:19 PST 2002

I have spoken to the woman at the school, and I think we are set.

Anybody who wants to help, please let me know!  They would like to see:

    1)  Heavy and/or rapier fighters
    2)  Dancing (I can teach if someone has music)
    3)  A&S displays/talking

I have a few volunteers, can use more, of course.

The current time schedule is this:

     6:30pm - show up and set up
     7:00pm - dinner (we are invited to eat!)
     8:00pm - fighting demo (OK, the fighters/rapier might not eat)
     8:30pm - flirting nad dancing demos with audience participation
     9:00pm - A&S displays and discussion

All the 8:00pm-onwards stuff to be adjusted as necessary, based upon who will be there.  They will have three or four tables in the corners for us and I thought a balance of A&S (jewelry, herbalism, C&I, leatherworking, emberoidery, mail making, whatever) would be best.

I will be taking a boombox (in case they don't have a setup) and as many CDs and cassettes as I can remember to bring.  Does anybody have "Hole in the Wall" on a CD or cassette?  I think it's a good dance to use if we are trying to teach about flirting, less chance of collisions than "Amoroso."

Thanks,

                               ---= Morgan

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming."
I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." ---= G. Stoddart