[Steppes] One less good cat in the world.

Martha A. Compton macpob1 at airmail.net
Wed Feb 13 19:24:16 PST 2002

To all my friends,

Today has not been the best day for me.  I had to have my cat "Alys" put
down this morning, heartbreaking but necessary.  She was named after
Arlo's song and the late Baroness Sundragon (who knew and approved).
She was a sweet loving friend of mine for many years, we connected in so
many ways and I will miss her.  She was about 17 years old and had mouth
cancer, we had known that she had it for about 10 days.  I took her home
from the vet last week and promised her that she could have tuna every
day for the rest of her life and that she would have all good days.  I
kept my word and we enjoyed her last few days together. This morning she
wouldn't eat the tuna, the vet told me her refusing to eat would be the
sign that the pain was starting.  I held her long after her last breath.

This spring we are going to plant a garden around the bird feeder in the
backyard and spread her ashes there.  She would like that.

Muireann