[Steppes] Coking Guild meetings next week

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 12 07:04:20 PDT 2002

Just a reminder - the Steppes Cooking Guild's monthly meeting will be on
Wednesday, April 17th, at 7:30pm.  Site TBA; I have a conflict and cannot
get home early that night.  Topic is "Yes, They Ate Fruit" since many people
believe that the only things medieval folk at are bread, meat, cheese, and
overcooked vegetables.  I am going to try to have my notes in order to talk
about some of the beliefs about raw and cooked fruit.

On next Sunday (April 21st) we will have the next hands-on cooking session,
starting at 3:00pm at my home.  We will be trying some dishes that can be
cooked at campgrounds or prepared ahead and taken in a cooler.  I would like
to know who plans to come, so I can have enough recipes ready.  If you have
the handout from the March meeting, we will probably use at least a couple
of those recipes, such as the chicken pie.

The May meeting will be back on the second Wednesday as usual - May 8th.
Still figuring out a topic, possibly "Period Beverages" with some quick
hands-on of Limonadas and Sekanjabin (bring bottles if you want to take them
home, the individual-sized glass soda pop bottles with screwtops are
perfect).

                                                            ---= Morgan