[Steppes] Warlord XXX T-Shirt Design Contest?

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 04:34:37 PDT 2002

>I have to agree with Muireann, Borek.  Although your
>intentions are good, it is a little premature to start
>this kind of thing.  It is possible that the bids will
>come in with themes and perhaps whomsoever ends up as
>event steward would like to see their chosen theme
>reflected in the souvenier goods that may be made
>available.

On the note of Themes, How many Warlords in the past have had them? After
they have been decided upon, how much time has the populace been given to
actually act upon them and participate in Warlord using that theme? From
what I have seen, the answer to both questions is about the same, very few
and very little. Another reason Event Stewards should be chosen as soon as
enough suitable bids have been given to and reviewed by Fritz, Catrin and
Edwin.

It could even be that those putting
>together bids have themselves designed a "logo" that
>they would like to have used.

An interesting thought, what did you have in mind as a logo for the event.
Might be something that others could include in their thoughts for a T-Shirt
design. Possibly use Quack Vadis as a Mascot....

>You always do so much for th Barony, and this is an
>example of how willing you are to do even more to
>benefit us all.  We all appreciate your enthusiasm.

Thank you. My goal is to get people thinking and working towards this event
now instead of crunching it into a couple of months just before the event.
T-Shirts, Site Tokens, Scrolls, Decorations, and other items could be
started now so that an even better product could be produced rather than
risking a lesser version due to cramped time constraints.

In all this I would also like to point out that we have Steppes Artisan,
Fall court, and Steppes 12th Night to work on as well and we should be
channelling some of this effort into those events too.

We have an Event Steward for Steppes Artisan and we should be hearing from
them soon to let us know what is needed for that event which is only 2 and a
half months away at this point and is being held over in Canton at the Civic
Center.

Borek