[Steppes] fighter practice

barb draeco55 at attbi.com
Tue Jun 11 11:25:08 PDT 2002

I am probably going to get nuked on this one and that is why I don't get involved in these discussions but here is my opinion and you said you wanted honest opinions.

I believe that the first consideration should be for the fighters and for them to be seen.  It needs to meet the needs of the fighters, level ground, shade and so forth.  If there is a group of non fighters that show up that's an extra benefit.  However, FP is just that, a fighter practice.  I have been a marshal at large for a zillion years (at least it feels like it) and my concern is for the fighters and their practice.  This is not a  social gathering. it's a FIGHTER PRACTICE.

I am not saying that those non fighers shouldn't come but when picking a fighter practice site it should be the fighters that make that decision.  One piece of advice is find a place where there will be plenty of traffic.

There I have had my say and you can behead me later, you can only kill me once.

In service to the Dream,
Viscountess Kate