[Steppes] Warlord Court (was need for stewards)

Kellie Hardy khemail at swbell.net
Thu Jul 11 07:55:21 PDT 2002

Hello all,
I have been reading with amusement the posts about plans and schemes for Warlord and its courts.  A few things, if you will:

In case you have missed the point all this while, Courts are held at Their Majesties' pleasure, as are all awards given and elevations accomplished.  If the Crown of Ansteorra wishes to elevate someone to a
peerage at Warlord, so it will be.  Period.

Hostage dinner theatre, to which it is so "affectionately" referred, is not a good idea at Warlord, especially during Saturday court.  WAY too much business to attend to.  Feast is not feasible with a crowd so
large, a kitchen so inadequate, and an attendance so variable.  Forget about it.  Not gonna happen.  If anyone would like to privately sponsor a dinner for which you would be completely responsible,
financially and logistically, be our guest.  Good luck.

Dessert is a fun idea.  Remember that Warlord once sponsored an on-site cooking competition, which was dropped a couple of years ago due to lack of interest.  If the stewards decide to include a dessert
competition, it should be widely advertised and supported.  There is no site-sponsored refrigeration available on site.  There is, however, gobs of electricity available, and a dorm-sized fridge is cheap to
rent.

A sound system for the hall during Court is one of our great fantasies.  Something adequate, reliable and unobtrusive is very expensive and requires good technical skill to operate.  If we want to include such
a sound system in the Warlord budget, those considering stewarding need to familiarize themselves with the requirements, check out pricing, then cajole those precious few in the Barony  who know how to use
such systems into setting them up and teaching you how to use them.

Best regards to all, and thanks for your enthusiasm,

Catrin Lady Steppes