[Steppes] History Revel ! A CALL TO ARMS!!

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 08:39:41 PDT 2002

Hello Carlos,

If you don't mind, I'm going to share this with the rest of the Barony.

The revel will be held on Saturday, July 20th, at my home in Carrollton
(directions below).  We are actually starting it at 6:30 PM instead of 7:30
so we can have more time for "Show and Tell" :D  .  So, after talking with a
few people, considering the fact that it is also a BYOB (beer, wine,
cordials are ok), we've decided to make it a POTLUCK REVEL so that the
libations don't hit quite so hard.  So, along with any photos, slides,
historical objects, stories, ... etc, bring along a side dish or a couple of
liters of soft drinks (or homemade libations) to share.

Stories are great, 1st armor is a great idea!  I think I still have my very
first dress and 2-foot high hennin that I made (with my Grandmother's help)
years ago, so I'll look for that, too!  I also have a video of when the
Barony of the Steppes showed up for a Channel 13 Pledge Drive for "Black
Adder" and "I, Claudius."  Yep!  Wait till you see it!!  We were all BABIES
back then!!  :D

I am putting a  CALL TO ARMS!! out for other members and former members of
the Steppes, so if you see them or can contact them, please let them know
about it!!

Of those I have not been able to contact yet, I would like to see:

Don Alaric, Lord Lodovico (Ld. Leonitus/Ld. Clief/Ld. Flagellitus), Mikael
Colqhoun, Mistress Branwyn, Master Pipin, Mistress Adelicia, Mistress Aslyn,
Lady Helen of Haverhill, Lady Eleanor (Helen Fratena), Cedrick the Wanderer,
Lady Margaret Pearce (do you know how she got her AoA in Court? Shhh!  Save
it for the revel.), Sir Mahdi, Contessa Valeria, Charlie the Juggler,
Captain Anne Cormac, Master Da'ud, Lady Anna the Stitcher, and Lord Stephen
the Juggler.

I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now!  PLEASE, IF YOU SEE
THESE PEOPLE OR KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THEM, TELL THEM ABOUT THE REVEL!!  I
would appreciate any information on how to contact them, myself, as well.

The address is:  2001 Cedarwood Dr., Carrollton, TX.  Lord Jon and I live
between The George Bush Turnpike (Trinity Mills) and Frankford Rd. on the
East side of Josey.  You can take Southern Oaks off of Josey at the creek
bridge, turn right on Arcadia, and our block is the 3rd on the left.  Our
house is on the corner, 2001 is on the chimney.  972-466-2276.  Please RSVP
via email or leave a message on the answer machine.

Remember, bring old slides, photos, videos, articles, SCA historical items
and stories.  The main focus will be on the history of the Steppes, but we
also want to hear events that happened to some of our folks and close
cousins in the Society.  Gulf Wars!  Pennsic!  Estrella!

We hope to see many of you there!

HL Gabrielle

>From: "Charlie Ribron II" <landf at airmail.net>
>To: <hlgabrielle at hotmail.com>
>Subject: History Revel Questions
>Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:10:12 -0500
>
>Hello Gabrielle, Just a couple of questions on the History Revel. Where is
>it going to be held and would I need to bring something besides by memiors
>of the pass and if I can find it my first armor.
>Carlos

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "