[Steppes] This day in history (sort of OP).....

chiara chiara at io.com
Sun Jul 14 20:28:49 PDT 2002

This is also Bastille Day! :)  (I remember when we used to have demos on
this day. :) )

"On July 14, 1789, the storming of the Bastille immediately took on a great
historical dimension; it was proof that power no longer resided in the King
as God's representative, but in the people, in accordance with the theories
developed by their philosophers of the eighteenth century. Within two days
the Revolution could not be reversed. For all citizens of France, the
storming of the Bastille came to symbolize liberty, democracy in the
struggle against oppression. " --http://www.hightowertrail.com/Bastil.htm

Chiara