[Steppes] Fw: Notice from Walnut Hill Rec Center

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 6 20:37:05 PDT 2002

I don't know if this was discussed at the Business Meeting (I've been out of
town and missed it as usual) but someone in another of my groups emailed it
to me just now, and since I know the Barony has a number of meetings at the
WHRC I thought it would be important to pass along:

>      Here is the notice we got tonight.
>
>             Walnut Hill Recreation Center
>             New Hours Effective
>             August 24,2002
>
>             Monday       9:30a - 8:00p
>             Tuesday       9:30a - 8:15p
>              Wednesday  9:30a - 8:00p
>              Thursday     same as Tuesday
>              Friday          9:30a - 5:45p
>              Saturday and Sunday  Closed
>
>      Our group needs to be notified ASAP.  On August 12, the City Council
> will vote on a proposal to cut back to 40 or even 30 hours.  There is
> strength in numbers.  Please go to dallascityhall.com and you can send all
> City Council Members and the Mayor an e-mail expressing your opinion.

This means that a lot of the groups that have used WHRC for evening meetings
will have to move, or keep the meetings really short.  Hard to do with the
groups that rehearse, dance, etc.

                                            ---= Morgan