[Steppes] need supplier for sequins

GRAY_DONITA_L@Lilly.com GRAY_DONITA_L at Lilly.com
Thu Aug 29 07:37:42 PDT 2002

Hales is a very good place, be prepared for the store.....it is beyond
words to describe.  Just know that these ladies have been making costumes,
mascots and dance outfits for longer than I have been alive.....and a bit
of everything that they have ever made is STILL in the store.
Hales is my place for feathers, tricot, sequin trim and bulk pallettes and
sequins.  If Hales doesn't have it, I would try Michael's, MJDesigns and
Handcock's.  I have found some great bulk sequins at MJ.
If the last resort is the trim....it is not a bad one.  The trim unravels
pretty easily and will just take a bit more time.
I am currently making 2 Belly Dance costumes and have used more sequins
than I care to talk about.
There is one more place in Dallas I would try, but they are more known for
costume grade rhinestones up to 16mm.  I cannot recall the name but they
specialize in ice skating costumes....check under skating supplies in the
book.

Toryn Seven Stitches

Sluggy <slugmusk at linuxlegend.com>
Sent by: steppes-admin at ansteorra.org
08/29/2002 08:10 AM
Please respond to steppes

        To:     steppes at ansteorra.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Steppes] need supplier for sequins

Ciard49 at aol.com wrote:

> So far Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics and Garden Ridge all have the very
same 5mm
> brassy-looking sequins. I need about a 6mm in old gold.  The only color
match
> I can find are on fancy sequined trim.

> Does anyone know of a specialty store around Dallas that sells a large
> variety of bagged sequins?

It's in Fort Worth (actually near downtown Fort Worth), but you might
try Hale's Costumes. The proprietor occasionally plays SCA when her
extremely busy work schedule allows and I know that she has and uses
sequins in large quantities and varieties.

Winona Hale's Costume Supply
2902 Race Street
Fort Worth, TX

817-838-7126

Sluggy!

--

   "I hate Victor Hugo", said Les miserably