[Steppes] Principality opinion

wjwakefield@juno.com wjwakefield at juno.com
Thu Oct 3 09:08:35 PDT 2002

Okay, the idea of principalities gives us another set of coronets to
attend events and hand out awards.  And it is my understanding that is
one of the problems the crown has with the plethora of events - they just
can't get to all of them to hand out awards.

On the other hand, principalities require complete sets of officers, as
well as coronet lists and coronations.  This adds more events (not
reducing the number at all).  Further, I keep seeing lists of open
offices at the regional level.  Will we really be able to fill all the
required positions for multiple principalities?  And we sometimes have
difficulty getting event stewards for some events - if we add multiple
principality level events, will we have more of a problem?  I feel that
the added administrative complexity of principalities may very well
defeat any percieved advantages.

But I have never lived in a kingdom that had principalities, so I only
pose questions for others to address...

Suzanna, herbalist