[Steppes] Calendar changes

morgancain@earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 3 09:10:57 PDT 2002

>>> Along with the idea of the oft-mentioned-but-never-
>>> actually-proposed notion of forming the 'Principality
>>> of Nordsteorra.' Basically, chopping the Northern region
>>> of Ansteorra off to make it a separate entity,

I get to jump in here.

First, Steppes is NOT in "Nordsteorra," technically we are Central region
not the Northern Region.  You doubt?  Check out
http://www.ansteorra.org/groups/

Second, the Principality of the North has actually been discussed, at
length and in depth, by the people and groups of the Northern Region.  They
have even polled about it.  I have friends in Northern Region, even was on
staff of their last North Regional Warlord event, have taught at
WInterkingdom, competed at Wastelands.  How many other people from Steppes
go to Northern Region events regularly, even daytripping?  I did see our
Baron and Averial at NRW, but that's it that I can remember.

I remember that a few years ago, there was some talk about converting ALL
the regions into Principalities, but I believe only Nordsteorra was
organized enough to see through the steps required.

                                    ---= Morgan

America will always be the home of the free, because it is
the home of the brave.
                 ---= Lockheed Martin memorial ad, 9/11/02