[Steppes] Twelfth Night/Kingdom $$$

Aaron Robb philo_net at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 3 10:24:03 PDT 2002

--- John de Irwynne <lordirwynne at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think we'll probably have to ask Eistedfodd to find
> another venue. I've been told that Kingdom wants to
> take 30% of our Twelfth Night profits for hosting the
> event. That should take care of one space issue.
>
> -Elspeth

OK, I'm pretty clueless about how much of an event gate-take Kingdom
gets, but *geeze* this seems like extortion! I mean, really, what's
the big idea - the way I saw things last year, frankly, there was no
choice about us hosting Eistefodd at 12th night. Now Kingdom is
saying we have to pay for the "priviledge" of giving them a place to
host it where there's good attendance? That's so wrong...

Philo

=====
---
Aaron D. Robb, M.Ed., NCC, LPC

"Now I lay me down to sleep / I hear the sirens in the street
All my dreams are made of chrome / I have no way to get back
home" - Tom Waits