[Steppes] Calendar changes/Principality

Hrldsmn@aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Thu Oct 3 11:23:29 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/3/02 9:37:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Jennifer.Rhodes-walden at usa.xerox.com writes:

> If a principality was formed, it would be a stand-alone, not a part of the
> Kingdom of Ansteorra. Atenveldt, per my understanding, was a stand-alone
> Principality before it became a Kingdom in its own right, so I don't see
> where it would add to the Calendar. If anything, it would subtract all of
> the Northern region's events, were it to become a reality.

Actually, no, this is not how it would work. Atenveldt was a Principality
wayyyyy longggg agooooo. Any Principality formed now is a subordinate branch
of the kingdom located between Barony and Kingdom levels. They are governed
by a Prince and Princess that are subordinate to the King and Queen of
Ansteorra, and their awards are at a level above a Barony's but below the
kingdoms. The purpose is to allow the Principality to progress on its way to
kingdom under the oversight and guidance of the established kingdom.

As to the Principality office situation, it would be no different from the
regional officer situation. They would simply take the place of the regional
offices. Ergo, if we have trouble filling regional offices there will be
problems filling principality offices.

Baron Edwin