[Steppes] Event Changes

lizdenpeters@juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Thu Oct 3 16:20:45 PDT 2002

Good Gentles,

I have had some more thoughts since I last posted, specifically, upon
traveling to and from events.  Some of you have noted that it is
difficult with work schedules to travel all over the Kingdom to events.
I agree with this.  I really do not like to drive over 1-2 hours each way
for a one day event or more than three for a 2-day event.  (I realize
that some people do like to travel all over the place for events but I am
not one of them.  I do not have the funds or time for this be feasible at
this time in my life.  Someday . . . )

Could events be separated so that Kingdom Calendar Events kind of
alternate?  If two Kingdom events are placed on the same weekend, could
they be geographically separated enough to minimize any dilution of
attendance?  (I have not been a member long enough to know if this is
even possible.)   If the King and Queen had "assistants" (see my
questions on Principalities that follow), could this be a workable
solution to the problem?  I really don't know but I understand how
crowded the Kingdom Calendar is and, it appears to me, that this problem
will not go away and will only get worse.  Sooner or later, as a Kingdom,
we are going to have to do something.  Currently, our King and Queen must
attend many events separately, and, even then, cannot cover the Kingdom
Calendar.

I hear everyone speaking about Principalities and think that I may now
have a rudimentary understanding of what is involved with the
Principality concept.  Is having Principalities the only way we could
have assistants (as my understanding of this goes) to our King and Queen?
 Could we have Prince/Princess positions divided on regional bases to
take some of the pressure off the King and Queen?  This might be a good
King/Queen-In-Training thing.  If Principalities require a full
complement of officers in addition to our Kingdom officers, is this not
getting a little top-heavy on the administrative side?  (I don't know
much about this which is why I am asking.)  Also, if we have
Principalities with the attendant complement of officers, will this
eliminate (or minimize) regional offices?  Also, if we decide to
investigate the Principality option, will we have two, three or four?
Could someone (and that would be just about anybody) with more knowledge
of this answer some of these questions?

Enlighten me, please!  Thank you for your time.

YIS,

Lady Fionnuala the Fey (Nuala)