[Steppes] 160 bottles of booze on the wall, 160 bottles of boooooze.....

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 06:54:06 PDT 2002

Folks, this is no joke!!!
I came home Saturday night to this HUGE vat o'mead which has been bubbling its heart out, madly I might add, ever since!!  The wonderful smell of the mead permeates our now garage (destined to become a den eventually)!  Smells heavenly - can't wait for Warlord!
Gabrielle
 John Mays wrote:Brewers should never be allowed to get bored, it's a terrible thing. That
is where I found myself Saturday. I wanted to make some mead but given
that it takes about 6 to 9 months to complete, five gallons seemed like such
a small amount to wait all that time on. So, I looked around at my
supplies. I do have that large barrel (35 gal) just sitting in the garage…
it will take only a few hours to cook up… and I'll be saving time in the
long run. That honey really is under foot…… heh heh heh, I'll do it.

There should be about 20 gallons of mead ready for War Lord. I'll probably
put a kitty out at events from now on help defer costs. I doubt I'll bring
all of it, but there should be enough. I hope to get a chain of meads going.
Brew enough at the event to makeup for the amount consumed. Such a deal.

Btw, a gallon of mead takes about $5 to make, just an fyi.

Jon Rolfson,

Lost quotes:
I drank what?? -Socrates