[Steppes] List rules

Chiara chiara at io.com
Wed Oct 16 15:16:12 PDT 2002

Just a reminder of the rules for this list. It has been two years since I have had to do this. That means that this list is a very good one in comparison to the millions that are out there.

Rules:
1) Please set your screen edit width to 80 characters to keep the digest as
small as possible and not taking up more bandwidth than needed.
2) Please be careful not to quote too much of someone's message in your
reply. It will bounce. Quote only that which is significant.
3) If you must argue something as insignificant as some one's attitude or
use distasteful language take it to private email. This list is for
announcements about the Steppes.
4) Do not post private emails to this list.
5) Do not cross post from another lists unless it is Steppes business or
Steppes news.
This is in consideration of digest users who cannot selectively delete
messages.
6) No spams.
7) Do not send virus warnings or hoax warnings to this list.
8) Ignoring direct warnings about the above rules more than two times will
cause removal from the list.

Other helpful hints:
Sign your emails.
Do not send attachments to the list, most will bounce.
You have a complaint about a user, email me.
The delete button is a wonderful thing.

--
Chiara

--