[Steppes] playing persona

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Mon Apr 21 09:14:07 PDT 2003

To my neighbors and friends of the Steppes does Ekatarina Iadorovna Kharlampieva send greetings.

I humbly request the help of my friends.

I am trying to get back into playing persona.  I haven't exactly defined my persona precisely, but I do know that I should be exhibiting some semblance of courtly graces that I feel that I've lost over the years due to lack of practice.

(I don't know about you, but I have found that I've become very comfortable with you folks.  Not that this is a bad thing, but I've gotten away from what the SCA was and have turned it into social hour for myself.)

So here's my request:  I would like to make populace my place to practice.  I am planning to attend in garb and use whatever grace I may have and do it up right.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.  Please help me to know what honors you've earned so that I may use your correct title.  You've worked hard for those honors and deserve to named correctly.  Please join me in wearing garb.  It gives the event a more authentic feel.  (It also keeps me from feeling embarrassed because I'm the only one dressed funny.)  I would be very happy to see others join me in practicing.  Again, I would feel out of place if I was the only one "talking funny and acting weird".

Thanks for helping me recreate my dream.  I may have lost it, but it can't be that far away.

In service to the Dream, Our Kingdom, and Barony,

Sincerely,

Honorable Lady Ekatarina Iadorovna Kharlampieva
known as Katya