[Steppes] Saris

Melinda Turnage ceinwenswan at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:46:43 PDT 2003

>Please forgive my confusion, but I am still relatively new to this game. I
>have been watching this debate for some days now and I do not understand
>what a woman from the east coast of 12th century England, of Norman and
>Anglo-Saxon birth would be doing wearing a sari. I thought the whole idea
>of
>this game we play was to create someone to be. I have no intention of
>wearing wool, but after a lot of consideration, I plan on dressing within
>the personna I am developing. I had thought of getting a sari, but my
>intent
>was to use the fabric to make a cotehardie or t tunic type dress. Unless I
>was other than and Indian woman, would I ever wear a sari? I suppose I
>could
>develop an alternate personna, but I'm still working on the first one so I
>think not.
>
>Still dreaming of the dream,
>
>Linet Grey

Greetings M'Lady.

If I may ... I also struggled with that very question.  I being a lady
living in Southern Wales, have had the opportunity to travel with my
merchant father when we visited the Far East.  It was while I was there that
I realized the custom of dress.

I look forward to traveling back to that land and getting the opportunity to
wear the saree I purchased while there.

In service,
Ceinwen~