[Steppes] Saris

Catalina Damiana Sanabria Rosado de Xerez ladycatalina at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:51:38 PDT 2003

Since the weather at Warlord typically resembles the onset of monsoon season
in Calcutta more closely than it does the weather of Northern Europe, this
idea was put forward as a comfort issue. Since the theme of the 30th year is
pearls, The Sari is a garment which can be highly embellished with pearls.
Also, unlike Elizabethan or Italian Ren, the wearer is not in imminent
danger of heatstroke. We are especially hoping that the ladies who must be
outside working during Warlord have some cool comfortable garb on. The Sari
was deemed a reasonable choice.No one who does not feel comfortable wearing
garb outside their usual persona is required to wear a Sari. This is about
fun, and we hoped that it would be fun for the women to dress in similar
garb.

Thank you.