[Steppes] Practice Playing Persona

Cairenn Day cpenny at swbell.net
Tue Apr 22 20:56:58 PDT 2003

I am Cairenn of Dun CuRuadh. There  is a legend, that is, if the keep
ever falls, that it can can only be retaken by a daughter of the blood.
Some years ago, the village near my keep was raided by Northmen during a
Sunday Mass.  My family and I were safe in the keep because, we were
tending some sick puppies and the priest was going to come up to the
keep and say Mass for the family.  Our keep was well known for our great
red, longhaired hounds (it is said that one of our foundation studs was
the son of Finn's famous Bran).  There were those who wanted our hounds
and the fame and gold that they would bring and they were quite willing
to take advantage of our misfortune.  My father, (my mother died when I
was very young, I am an only child), did not want to see me forced into
a marriage, so he sent me away (under a geis), to learn the arts of war
and to raise the funds for an army.  I trained at Blackmoor Keep, under
Duke Inman and I learned some of the arts of war, but I needed funds as
well so I continued my travels.  It was while I was was in the lands of
the Poles, that a letter reached me that the keep had fallen and that my
father was dead.  The hounds are safe with the monks of a nearby
monastery.  It was at this time that Hrabia Bear adopted me as his
daughter, so I would have protection, no matter where I was.  When I
came to Steppes I was welcomed by a gentle Baron and Baroness, I learned
from Dukes, Duchesses, Barons, Baronesses, Dons, Masters and Mistresses
and from many, many others with less lofty titles, they made me feel
welcome and gave me a home. Vivat Steppes, Vivat Ansteorra!