[Steppes] Plea for the SCA

Barbara W alysd38 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 09:13:25 PDT 2003

Go get'em Serena!  I agree with you whole-heartedly.  The College of Heralds commentary was never meant to be public.  I believe that they were not even meant to be an official publication of the SCA (I'll have to dig one up to confirm that, but I believe there is a disclaimer on there somewhere saying "the comments herein are the opinions of the authors, and not meant to reflect the opinions or policies of the SCA, Inc. If not, there really ought to be, since commentary is submitted from all corners of the kingdom by people with varied knowledge and experience.)   I, too, have been burned, and had friendships damaged, due to the idea that "if it's on my computer/in my files, it must be mine and I have a right to reproduce it anywhere I'd like."  I would urge anyone about to reproduce any correspondence or documents to ask permission of the author. It does not take much time, and will avoid problems. Alys