[Steppes] Re: Plea for the SCA

portofun portofun at ticnet.com
Thu Apr 24 12:13:57 PDT 2003

I also was given the email commentary on my name and device.  It was given
as 'feedback' so I could fix the issues preventing my device and name from
passing.  I found the commentary to be immature in tone and quite
unprofessional.  It lowered the college's credibility as an institution in
my eyes.  I had worked with the local herald before I made my submission.  I
did not pick a sci-fi name or put the Enterprise on my shield.  The
modifications required for them to pass were actually quite minimal.  The
comments were not constructive only rude.  It is interesting how
condescending people can be when they don't have to do it face-to-face.

Now this was a few years ago so my experience may be an extreme one.

Conal, Regina