[Steppes] Re: Stosh Gypsy

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 10 10:30:04 PDT 2003

> I haven't even officially joined or even attended a meeting, but I am
> already looking at pavilions, and looking at pictures of Pennsic with
great
> envy..  Along those lines I have a couple of questions.

Always ask.  And if you have not bothered to attend meetings, why did you
think they are too far away for you?  As Linet and other have said,
distances are much shorter here than you'd think.

> 1.  Is there a local version of Pennsic?

Warlord, held on Memorial Day weekend.  But there are many other large
camping events, if that is all you are after, the next major one being
Gothic Wars over Labour Day weekend.

> 2.  I saw a picture of a wall tent that had woven wattle for sides, and I
> thought that was pretty cool looking, the question that comes to mind is
> what would you use for wattle in the North TX area?

There was a man at Artisan last weekend with a wattle-and-daub wall bit.
Had you attended, you could have asked him.

                                            ---= Morgan

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea,
 never regains its original dimensions."
                                 ---= Oliver Wendell Holmes
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)