[Steppes] OT- for school request

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Fri Aug 15 08:38:46 PDT 2003

As many of you know I teach 6th graders in Garland.  School is around the corner and I need the help of my SCA family.

This year, to enhance the "school experience" and help boost our higher level thinking, I am sponsoring a Yu-Gi-Oh Club.  As many of you know it's a math related game with strategy and planning.  Unfortunately, due to our new rules, the kids will not be allowed to bring their personal cards with them to school forcing us to purchase cards to use for play.  My dept head has agreed to purchase an adequate number of starter decks and our principal has agreed to a minimal "usage fee".  This will get us started but won't "cut it" from the kids' perspectives.

My request:  If you have any extra cards of which you have several duplicates or cards that you will never use, would you be interested in donating the cards to my school?  These extra cards would be used to enhance the starter decks and allow the kids to customize their decks to their satisfaction.  They would probably not be returnable when the year is over.

Please contact me off-list if you would be interested in helping.

Thank you.

Katya

Karen Calhoun
Austin Academy
6th Grade Math

(972) 926-2620
kmcalhou at garlandisd.net

"If we learn from it, failure is success."
Malcom S. Forbes