[Steppes] Arhery Practice 12/28

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 16:51:17 PST 2003

The skies were gray, but not a drop fell upon we intrepid archers as we took
the line today. Even the clouds were intimidated by our bows. Alas, few
there were of us. Two only from our Barony were there and the three visitors
from far off lands. There was no Lughaidh to defend his position as the top
dog, and there was no Owen...chased off perhaps by the threatening clouds,
or was it that the wind did not blow so, as Lord Jacques was heard to say,
his excuse was gone.

Nonetheless we sent many arrows downrange to the fear and dismay of the
paper targets in front of us. Our visitors proved that they are archers in
the making, scoring quite well for first time shooters. The bug has bitten
them and they intend to look up SCA and archery connections in their
homelands of Lochac and The East.

Next week and the week following there will be no official practices. We
will resume on January 18 should the weather gods cooperate.

In the meantime, I wish you all a safe and Happy New Year and will see you
all at Twelfth Night and Coronation.

Yours In Service,

Linet