[Steppes] sleeve question

Ameline Dubois ameline at generich.com
Wed Dec 24 22:22:49 PST 2003

  Your dress should fit in a way *you* are comfortable in wearing it.I have
found hook and eye come loose in  inappropriate times.I find that grommets
can go in wrong and the whole sleeve is scraped.I have many Italian dresses
and I make the sleeves attach at the same place so I can mix and match the
colors.I often make the sleeves reversible.I put loops or button holes on
the sleeves cap and 2"to3"down at the front and back.From what I have seen
the sleeves were held on by 3 points.Then on the main dress I put ribbons
either sewn in or laced in a button hole work for me.This keeps the sleeves
on in a secure manner while you wear then yet you can change them out or
take them off easily .Ribbon or cord were used <nice place to use finger
weaving>if you use ribbon, choose a grograin or bumpy ribbon, the satin ones
look nice but come loose to easy and people will come up to you all day and
retie your sleeves.Feel free to call me so I can help you instruct your
seamstress.