[Steppes] FYI - Color copies

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 11:16:38 PST 2003

In a message dated 10/29/2003 11:35:41 AM Central Standard Time,
clamb at Advocacyinc.org writes:

> Ciard:
>
> No problem.  ;-)
>
> I might print off Alasdair's Title XIVII and (graciously) have it on
> hand if you run up against any neurotic HIPPA-esque Kinko's technicians.
>

> This rule also applies for students.  But I've always thought that
> "teacher" carries more weight.  Scholarship and research is what you're
> going for......thus educational purpose.
>
> Have you broken down and just brought your scribal box with you to
> Kinko's, yet?  ;-)
>
> ~A

Next time I need a color copy I will certainly give it a try to politely ask
for educational or research permission, and if necessary show them the written
law.

I'm glad to know I could ask for a legal form to sign. If necessary I
wouldn't hesitate a moment to bring in my scribal box. ;)

This time I needed the color copy to use on my light table since tracing from
my book was not working well enough, and the extra step was losing too much
detail.

BTW the place I found the publicly available color copier was at Office
Depot.

I opted to try them before driving several miles over to the Kinko's.

Office Depot was in the same mall as Office Max, who of course would never
suggest their competitor at the same mall - only someone far away.

Ciard