[Steppes] Newcomer Meeting This Sunday at Fighter Practice

Lady Clare Wynters steppes_hospitaler at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 16:12:33 PDT 2003

Greetings from Lady Clare Wynters, Hospitaler for the Barony of the Steppes.

  The Hospitalers Office  will be holding a newcomer meeting this Sunday at our Steppes Fighter Practice.   Newcomers, Not so Newcomers,  and the general Populace is invited to attend.   We will be discussing  the basic necessities needed for the upcoming Tourney Season.    Topics  will include garb, feast gear, camping at SCA events, court, and basic etiquette.  The meeting will run from 3 pm until 5pm.

   Now,  if you will grant me a boon, I would like to thank Lady Elspeth for her offer to host a newcomer meeting, her call to others in the Barony for hosts,  and her continued support to the Hospitalers Office.    Her Clothier's Guild has done an excellent job welcoming and teaching our newcomers about garb.  It has recently officially become one of Steppes newcomer classes.  I would encourage any newcomers to attend the Clothier's Guild.  You will be met warmly by a Lady who has  great talent and love for costuming.

  Thank you Lady Linet for offering your home for a newcomer class.  Your generosity has not gone unnoticed.   Thank you also  Morgan who has offered her home as well for a newcomer meeting.   Morgan, you are a remarkable Lady and I would be honored if you would attend the newcomer meeting.

  Thank you Your Excellency Alys for considering my feelings.  As always you have  my affections dear sister.

Lastly,  I would like to thank the Academy.  He he!!!  He ehe!!!!    No seriously,  The Hospitalers Office is proud to announce that M'Lady Alina is our newest Deputy Hospitaler for Steppes.  M'Lady Alina will be a wonderful addition to our team.

  Directions to Steppes Sunday Fighter practice are on the website.  Give me a call if you have questions at 214-943-4106.

  In Service to Crown and Barony,

  Lady Clare Wynters / Nikki Miller
  Steppes Hospitaler
  Deputy Central Regional Hospitaler