Choosing a name was [Steppes] Warning:Stupid Newbie QuestionAhead!

Kevin Black kblack4 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 10:37:51 PDT 2003

The most important advice I could give you, is don't  circumstances rush
your persona or name.   You don't need one immediately, and while getting
your feet wet it's quite possible you may find your period of interest may
change, sometimes radically.  And it can be a real pain in the butt six
months down the line to find that you can no longer stand the persona you
chose in a rush, especially if your place and/or timeline changes
drastically.  On this, at least, I can speak from personal experience.

Your best option is to remain as you are until you are quite certain as to
what you'd like to pursue, once that happens everything else becomes quite
clear and you'll know exactly where you want to go.  It can be a pain in the
butt to introduce yourself to someone as Hi, I'm Stephanie (still working on
a persona), but everyone understands that and will easily forget Stephanie
when you become, er whomsoever you'll become.  It's far simpler and less
confusing than the alternative =).

Hubert d'Aiguës-Mortes
Qui fait plus, mieux vaux